Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  installing new 10.1 clients as 'managed' question

Posted Nov 17, 2008 07:19 AM

Hello,

When I installed clients from our old server (9.1.338) there were choices offered such as 'managed' / 'unmanaged' and when the install completed after choosing 'managed' there was a small black icon of a padlock and the 'live update' button was greyed out.

Installing new clients on the new server (10.1.6) does not offer choices and when the install is complete there is no small black icon of a padlock and the 'live update' button is active. Have I done something wrong during the server setup?

I must add that clients are receiving updates from the parent server as expected.

TIA,

eddacker

• 2.  RE: installing new 10.1 clients as 'managed' question

Posted Nov 17, 2008 07:30 AM

Hi,

Did you update the old server or install completely new one? If the new server doesn't have any settings from old server, then you should go through all the settings and lock the options you want to be locked.

If you installed the new clients from the System Center Console, the clients should have the new server as management server. If they were installed by hand from CD, then grc.dat and pki-folder need to be copied in installation folder.

- Jukka

• 3.  RE: installing new 10.1 clients as 'managed' question

Posted Nov 18, 2008 03:42 AM

thank you for your reply:

yes it was a complete new server install, the old server is a secondary serving clients not updated yet. I believe I locked and configured what I needed to.

My real question is: why am I not presented with the choices like in version 9 (managed/unmanaged check boxes) and why is there no "locked" icon on the new clients? s this a change in the way version 10 works?

• 4.  RE: installing new 10.1 clients as 'managed' question

Posted Nov 18, 2008 07:17 AM

Hi,

How do you actually install the clients? Is it a push install from SSC or do you install clients by hand?

Where should the locked icon be? Next to liveupdate or in Configure->File System Auto-protect?

- Jukka