Video Screencast Help
Protect Your POS Environment Against Retail Data Breaches. Learn More.

Installing SBS v 12.0 SQL error

Created: 18 Mar 2008 • Updated: 21 May 2010 | 1 comment
mbb's picture
I am trying to install 12.0, below is the error message from the log file:

ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine,SQL_Data_Files,SQL_Replication,Client_Components,Connectivity SAPWD=**** DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0
03-18-2008,10:09:39 : V-225-53: ERROR: Failed to install SQL Express BKUPEXEC instance with error 5. ***To search for information about this error, click here
03-18-2008,10:09:39 : Please review C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt for more details.
03-18-2008,10:09:39 : Failed to install third party products.

It looks like I need to change the SQL server to mixed mode, how do I do that when the SQL version installs automaticly from the BE installer program? I also do not see any Sa users or groups in AD does that mean I need to add one?

Any help would be great,

Thanks

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

RahulM's picture
The installation of the SQL instance can fail due to various reasons.For eg if you have changed the name of the server since the last SQL install the SQL upgrade will fail.What are the errors posted in the SQL installation logs?
Try installing SQL Express 2005 as a seprate components and see if that goes through.If it does not then you have some environmental issues that will need to be sorted out before you can install Backup Exec.