Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Installing SEP 11.0.5 on Windows Server 2003

Posted Nov 30, 2009 04:04 AM
    Hi All ....... I have deployed SEP to all clients using SEPM which is installed on Windows Server 2003 DC. I initially had issues with deploying SEP via SEPM to the same machine and ended up having to uninstall all together, leaving that machine now vulnerable. I have read many posts about configuring only AV components for Server, but would like to get a clearer answer before looking at installing anything again.

• 2.  RE: Installing SEP 11.0.5 on Windows Server 2003
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 30, 2009 10:50 AM
     If it is a Production machine then Antivirus and AntiSpyware should be enough.
    However if you configure the firewall Rules properly you can use the Nework Threat Protection feature ( Firewall + IPS )
    Proactive threat has 2 features PTP Scan and Application and Device Control and PTP scan is not supported on Server OS.

So it basically depends on your requirement if you want to keep it simple with just virus and spyware protection then just go ahead and install Antivirus and Antispyware however if you need more security then you can go with other features as well ..If including NTP make sure firewall rules are configured properly.

However since you were having issues with just go ahead with Antivirus and Antispyware.