Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Installing SEP 11.0.7

Posted Aug 14, 2012 09:27 PM

I'm trying to install SEP 11.0.7 from a new desktop that has windows 7 on it. I got the installer file

from our company as part of distribution. When ever I tried running the installer my NVIDIA video card is being

triggered instead and I can't run the set up installer of SEP 11.0.7.. How can I install SEP 11.0.7 on my pc?

• 2.  RE: Installing SEP 11.0.7

Posted Aug 14, 2012 09:32 PM

Do you have received any error ?

• 3.  RE: Installing SEP 11.0.7

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2012 10:22 PM

whats the size of the setup of SEP? are you clicking  on correct exe?

• 4.  RE: Installing SEP 11.0.7

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2012 08:18 AM

Hi,

If you could provide screenshot about error it would be great help to isolate the issue.

Ideally there should not be any relation between NVDEA video card & SEP install.

• 5.  RE: Installing SEP 11.0.7

Posted Aug 15, 2012 08:42 AM

There might be somehow a link between NVIDIA installer and the name of our Symantec installer (setup.exe). You may try to rename it and see if it helps.

I would also recommend you to have a look at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options" on the system: you may have a subkey named setup.exe and pointing to Nvidia files. If this is the case, backup the registry, delete setup.exe key and try again.

• 6.  RE: Installing SEP 11.0.7

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Aug 20, 2012 02:21 PM

Hello,

I agee with John. 

Could you also make sure you have the UAC disabled?

Secondly, I only hope you are double clicking on the correct .exe file and with correct rights and permissions.

Also, make sure you have the .exe file to the D drive (any other drive) try running the setup again.

Again, what happens if you try running the setup.exe from another profile?

Hope that helps!!