Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Installing trial version of Library Expansion Option on pre-existing server 2010 install

Created: 08 May 2013 • Updated: 08 May 2013 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello,

I have a windows 2003 server with a licensed copy of Backup Exec 2010 R3 installed but i want to use a new tape library with 2 drives in it.  Is it possible to get the tril version of the Library expansion option working without re-installing the whole server?

Thanks

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Sush...'s picture

Hello KGill,

There is no option to just Trial the Library Expansion Option (LEO) when the complete BE is licensed.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Hope this piece of Information Helps you... and if it does then mark this response as Solution....!!!

SOLUTION
KGill's picture

Just thought of another question, if i remove the license key for the server will the LEO work in trial mode then?

Larry Fine's picture

I believe that the library will be functional without the LEO license, but you will get frequent alerts reminding you to obtain the license.

If you find this is a solution for the thread, please mark it as such.