Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Intel 10/100 VE Slow restore preformance

Posted Nov 13, 2006 03:22 PM
    I've got ghost 8.3 (1.1) running unicast from a server. My image creation time is good (about 5-9 min. Fast compression, High is 5 min longer) but when i goto restore the same image it takes 35-60 min. I have used all the drivers i can find for that card, the Intel driver actually slows it down further, the best result is with a Dell driver, since the 10/100 card is intigrated. Anyone have an idea of how to improve the restoration speed. This card is the only card i have a problem with speed, every other card (3com, Bcom, RTL) have no problems restoring a image the same size within 15 min.

Many Thanks for feedback.

• 2.  RE: Intel 10/100 VE Slow restore preformance

Posted Nov 14, 2006 04:25 PM
    have you tried UNDI driver in the GSS 1.1? also It might give better speed if you can use multicast.

• 3.  RE: Intel 10/100 VE Slow restore preformance

Posted Nov 14, 2006 06:18 PM
    Hi Larry,
    I remember having similar problem with my Dell Optiplex GX400 with onboard 3COM network card a few years back.

I can't quite remember how I solved it, it was either through upgrading the BIOS or playing around with the device IRQ assignments in BIOS. I think the trick is to get the network card and the disk controller not to use the same IRQ.
    Not sure if this will help you, but it helped me back then.

Cheers

Chris