Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Intel 82566DM Gig NIC drives for bootdisk template.

Posted Jan 22, 2007 03:07 PM
    Have a New HP with Intel 82566DM GiG NIC drives for template to make bootdisk ISO image . I am having a hard time finding Dos\NDIS drivers to make boot disk. Any Idea's out there. I have tried the e1000 driver, but that doesn't seem to work.

Bootdiskless in Delaware

MDS

• 2.  RE: Intel 82566DM Gig NIC drives for bootdisk template.

Posted Jan 22, 2007 04:43 PM
    Did you try UNDI driver? It is hard to get Dos\NDIS drivers with new network cards. to solve this problem, GSS introduced driver called UNDI driver. Otherwise, if you can get the Dos\NDIS driver, you can manually add it to the bootdisk template.

• 3.  RE: Intel 82566DM Gig NIC drives for bootdisk template.

Posted Jan 29, 2007 10:01 AM
    Hey Tom, I have the same card in a Gateway 4610S desktop computer. I use PXE boot and UNDI drivers, but for some reason this would lock up during the Ghost splash screen. (usually this is a driver problem.) The only way I got it to work was to download the DOS driver from Intel, and make the boot disk from there. It worked without a problem. I am using Ghost Solution Suite 1.1 (Ghost 8.3) but it should work with the other versions. I am hoping GSS 2.0 fixes this problem with a new UNDI driver.

Just download the PRODOS.exe from here:
    http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?strState=LIVE&ProductID=2775&DwnldID=4239&agr=Y&lang=eng&PrdMap=2775

• 4.  RE: Intel 82566DM Gig NIC drives for bootdisk template.

Posted Jan 29, 2007 10:06 AM
    They did fix it and works like a charm.

• 5.  RE: Intel 82566DM Gig NIC drives for bootdisk template.

Posted Jan 29, 2007 10:11 AM
    Oops...sorry Tom, didnt notice that the question was answered when I posted. If you dont mind me asking, what did you do to fix the problem?

• 6.  RE: Intel 82566DM Gig NIC drives for bootdisk template.

Posted May 15, 2007 10:08 AM
    Hi all, I need help on a similar situation.  I'm relatively new to administering Ghost Console (8.2) and need a little know how on adding a new NIC template.  The driver I want to add is the Intel(R) 82566DM Gigabit Network Connection driver for a HP dc7700 Convertible Minitower.

I've gone through the manual (Implementation Guide) and it was of little help in getting this set up.  So I would download the above driver and run it?  Would it install the drivers or put them in a location where I can access them?  Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get this resolved.

Thanks.