Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Intel 965 series motherboards

Posted Jun 21, 2007 09:46 AM
    For some reason these new motherboards will not recognize the DVD-rom drive using the universal generic drivers. Also, any boot CD I create with the Ghost boot wizard, will not boot at all. I get a Disk boot error message. I have an external Sonu DVD drive that will boot with the cds but the 965 motherboards will not, regardless of the DVD-ROM that is in them. I use my boot cd with generic drivers in the computers we have with the 945 series Intel motherboard. I have also made a floppy set with generic drivers. I get a meesage saying no drives found. I have images on DVDs and need to be able to restore a computer from the DVD image, but I can not boot with CD/DVD support to be able to load the image. Help!!!!

• 2.  RE: Intel 965 series motherboards

Posted Jun 21, 2007 09:10 PM
    Hi Gmoss,

I'd like to help you, and I need to ask you a few questions:

Does boot fail from the internal CD/DVD drive ?
    If yes to the above, are these CD/DVD drives sata or pata/ide?
    What are the model numbers of the 965 boards you have tried so far ?
    What is your method for creating the CD/DVD boot disks?
    What is the exact text of the error message you are seeing?

Also, just in case this is something really simple, please check the boot device options and boot order options in the bios.

Thanks,
    Xan

Message Edited by Xan Todd on 06-22-200702:13 PM

Message Edited by Xan Todd on 06-22-200702:24 PM

• 3.  RE: Intel 965 series motherboards

Posted Jun 22, 2007 12:01 AM
    P.S,

I located a Dell Optiplex 745, which employs the Q 965 chipset. This machine does not exhibit the problem you describe.

Message Edited by Xan Todd on 06-22-200705:28 PM

• 4.  RE: Intel 965 series motherboards

Posted Jun 22, 2007 12:57 AM
    Although it doesn't address your actual driver issue, if you were after a work around then I'd suggest you might want to look at BartPE as a cloning environment. Its not a supported preos but I've used it lots and it works fine. Its easy to make a boot disk if you don't have access to WinPE.

Download & Support from : http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

You can also use the plugin feature to include Ghost on the boot disk, however its not at all necessary, it just saves carrying several disks around or accessing a network share.

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/pluginhelp/ghost.htm  (Doesn't have to be Ghost 8.0 either)