Messaging Gateway

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Intelligent Updater does not update virus definition for server with SMS for SMTP 5.0.1 and SAV Client 10.1.5.5010

• 1.  Intelligent Updater does not update virus definition for server with SMS for SMTP 5.0.1 and SAV Client 10.1.5.5010

Posted Jun 13, 2009 02:09 AM
    I have a closed network environment.  I have a  windows server 2003 on a dell.  I have installed SMS for SMTP 5.0.1 and configured for updates through a non-default definition which means it can be updated through the use of Intelligent Updater.  With only SMS for SMTP installed, the updates work perfectly. 

When I install Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition Client version 10.1.5.5000, to me SAV Client installs fine.

When I then try to update the antivirus definition through the Intelligent Updater which is the executable file that has the x86 on it, the executable runs and it seems like it works.  But when I check both the SMS for SMTP and SAV, the virus definition version does not change.  I also check the c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\virusdefs     directory and notice that the Intelligent Updater did not create a folder with the current date and version of the new antivirus definition.

I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on fixing this...

• 2.  RE: Intelligent Updater does not update virus definition for server with SMS for SMTP 5.0.1 and SAV Client 10.1.5.5010

Posted Oct 14, 2009 10:04 AM
    Moved to Brightmail Gateway forum.