Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Internal Error 2753 installing PGP 10.1.0 on Win7-64-Ultimate

Created: 04 Jul 2011 | 8 comments

I´m trying install PGP10.1.0 on my new computer with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, but gives error "Internal Error 2753.RDDService.exe." 

After this the installation is aborted.

what does that mean ?
is this a problem of windows or PGP ?
how do I fix it ?

Note: My old computer was WinXP-SP3 and de same PGP 10.1.0 worked very well.

Thanks for your attention.

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

FPguru77's picture

I'm experiencing the same error on a WIN XP SP3 laptop PC.   The history on my case is that the user had an older version of PGP installed that he manually installed... which is different then the one that we currently push out via SMS.

I've tried uninstalling his old version of PGP from add/remove programs, repairing PGP and even trying to reinstall the new version over the existing. Doesn't matter which I try the setup gets about 1/2 way done then returns the error "PGP Desktop -- Internal Error 2753. RDDService.exe" 

I just created a case on Symantecs portal... hoping for some feedback soon. Good luck!

chaotech's picture

I'm running into the same issue installing 10.1.2.9 on win 7 enterprise x64. Not much info online. Let us know what comes of your case?

Julian_M's picture

Uninstall PGP and install from command line this way:

msiexec /I pgpdesktop.msi PGP_INSTALL_RDD=0

PGP Remote Disable & Destroy Service will be disabled

Regards

When you consider the issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the post that best provided the solution.

PGP_Ben's picture

I think Julians solution will help. To be precise. This tells PGP Desktop to not install the PGP RDD drivers. These are used in conjunction with the Intel Anti-theft devices built into modern laptops. This can be used in tandem with a PGP Universal Server. This does require your PGP Universal SErver to be licensed with this feature for it to function.

As such, this feature is not widely used (yet) and it has a few known compatability issues and bugs. I would agree with his recommendation to possibly install pgp desktop without that component.

If/when you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.

boxphil's picture

Installed 10.2 on Win 7 64x, prompted to reboot, computer froze on "Shutting Down" page, turned off. Attempted to start PGP Desktop upon reboot - "The parameter is incorrect."

Attempt to unistall PGP desktop - "Action only valid for products that are installed."

Attempt to reinstall PGP using .msi - fails with "Internal Error 2753: RDDService.exe"

Help, please! Attempted to remove registry files the last time this happened and ended up bricking the HDD.

Willing to provide more system specifications!

Tom Mc's picture

This Video  should help with  the uninstall.

When you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.

Search the Knowledge Base &

boxphil's picture

Tom,

Thank you for the speedy respnse and the video, but whenever I attempt to uninstall PGP through the uninstaller, I get the error "Action only valid for products that are installed" and PGP does not appear on my list of installed programs - I seem to be in a spot where I can neither complete the installion nor uninstall the previously incomplete installation :(

Tom Mc's picture

Then a manual uninstall seems needed. 

When you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.

Search the Knowledge Base &