File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Internal error accessing disk 0x00000080

Posted Sep 02, 2011 06:51 PM
    Hello, When i boot my computer, i no longer get the enter password screen to access my computer. I get the error: Loading password authentication driver... Internal error accessing disk 0x00000080.. Some required files are missing or corrupted. You may be able to continue through the Advanced menu or recovery tool. Press any key to return... I have ran hardware diagnostics on the hard drive and they are all passing. I have been told that i need to download an iso and create a WDE Recovery disk, but i'm not sure which version to use or where to get the most up to date isos. I first installed and encrypted the hard disk 1.5 years ago using PGP Desktop 9.10, but i remember running some automatic updates that i believe changed it to a more up to date version of the product. Please advise, Thank you

• 2.  RE: Internal error accessing disk 0x00000080
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 02, 2011 10:28 PM

You can obtain the images for PGP 10.x WDE recovery here, and 9.x here.   While a perfect version match is best, you need to make sure to err on the side of having a newer version image rather than an older image version.  Definitely do not use an image version that might precede the installed PGP version.

• 3.  RE: Internal error accessing disk 0x00000080

Posted Oct 07, 2011 01:11 PM

Thank you Tom.  I have fully decrypted the drive from CD Rom and got everything back using the latest version of the recovery disk.

• 4.  RE: Internal error accessing disk 0x00000080

Posted Oct 07, 2011 01:18 PM

Great - glad to hear it!