Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Internet Explorer 8.xpf] packages created with the packaging tool [SWV Admin] version [6.4.0.591 SWV] are not supported.

Created: 19 Oct 2012 • Updated: 22 Oct 2012 | 1 comment
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi Symantec,

I am getting this error "Internet Explorer 8.xpf packages created with the packaging tool [SWV Admin] version [6.4.0.591 SWV] are not supported."

I created Internet Explorer 8.xpf using SWV Admin (Version 6.1 SP8, Application Builds: 6.4.1711, Library Build: 6.4.1711,  Driver Build: 6.4.1711) and while uploading this to Streaming Server (Version: 6.1 SP8, Build Number: 6.4.0.591), I got the above error.

I am using trialware SWS_6.4.0.591_35765_setup.exe .I also attached screenshots for app versions.

Please let me know the solution for this.

Thanks,

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

Nirmal R's picture

Hi Arvind,

to make an xpf streaming compatible, you have to package it through virual composer. If you had already created the xpf (as in your case) you can import it into virtual composer and run the last step of compiling the package. This will make it streaming compatible and then you can upload it to the server to stream.

Hope this helps.

SOLUTION