Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

iomega REV 35/90 issue with Veritas Backup Exec 10.0

Created: 27 Apr 2006 • Updated: 21 May 2010 | 2 comments

I'm trying to use the backup to disk folder/removable disk folder with my iomega REV 35/90. I have formatted it and can access it just fine from windows explorer, 35gb available, but when I run a backup or test run it tells me it failed because "Insufficient online or nearline media is overwritable to start the job."

Above that it indicates that:

Online append capacity : 0.00 mb
Online overwrite capacity : 0.00 mb
Total append capacity : 0.010 mb
Total overwrite capacity : 35,424mb

Media protection is overwrite.

And I'm trying to backup 23gb.

Any ideas, I have tried the suggestion from iomega support linked to the veritas pages which goes through step by step on how to setup the removable disk folder and setup the media. And veritas does create "Veritas\B2D\*.cfg" in the directory on the drive.

I'm kind of stumped. Shouldn't it just think it's a folder and dump stuff in it?

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

padmaja rajopadhye's picture

Hi,

If Overwrite Protection is set to to the Media Set to which the Iomega drive belongs, then the job will fail.

Test runs with Backup Exec fail even if online media are available and backup jobs to the same media set run successfully

http://support.veritas.com/docs/268911

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Bryan Thorell's picture

Thanks for the pointers, I did infact have to uncheck the "Check Media Availablity" as well as the "Check Media Capacity..." to get it working, but there's plenty of space to backup what I need.

Thanks