Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Issue Migrating SEP 11.x clients to SEP 12.1

Posted Aug 02, 2012 05:37 AM

I currently have a SEPM 11.x deployment that I am trying to migrate the the client computers to a new SEPM 12.1 server.  I have created the deployment packages with the client install settings to client settings.  However when I deploy the package and restart the computers the client is upgraded but it registers with the SEPM 11.x server instead of the SEPM 12.1 server.  I have also tried deploying the package with the client install setting set to remove SEP and the same thing happens.  I tried the sylink replacer but after it completes the client still registers with the SEP 11.x server after reboot. The only thing that works is if I use the CleanWipe tool on the client prior to deploying the package.

Am I missing something?  I have over 1000 endpoints deployed in offices across the country.

• 2.  RE: Issue Migrating SEP 11.x clients to SEP 12.1

• 3.  RE: Issue Migrating SEP 11.x clients to SEP 12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2012 07:23 AM

Hi,

Could you please share below things:

1) SEPM 11 installed machine ip address and hostname

2) SEPM 12 installed machine ip address and hostanme

3) SEPM 12 installed machine MSL list

You can send PM me also.

• 4.  RE: Issue Migrating SEP 11.x clients to SEP 12.1
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 02, 2012 08:45 AM

The reason is because it is maintaining it's current communication settings with the 11.x server.

Create a new package from your new 12.1 saerver and under Client Install Settings, select the radio button for "Remove all previous logs and policies, and reset the client-server communications settings"

That should fix the issue.

• 5.  RE: Issue Migrating SEP 11.x clients to SEP 12.1

Posted Sep 19, 2012 12:39 PM

Sorry for the delayed response.  I had double checked and realises that that setting wasn't selected. Deployed the package and the client registered with the new server.  Thanks for your assistance.