Issues displaying HTML stored on a UNC path.
Ok here goes..
Since rolling out SEP to multiple sites for one of our clients, they are unable to display html pages which are part of a very crude intranet.
The "intranet" is simply HTML pages that are stored on a network share.
At 4 of the 5 sites belonging to this company the pages display fine, just the same as they did before. But at one of the sites the pages seemingly quite randomly do not display all the content on the pages. For example there are 5 images in a row accross the top of the home page, when you open IE, it may display the first 2 images, if you refresh the screen it may display the second and forth, and each subsequent time you refresh differant images will display and others will not. There is also a menu down the left hand side with some basic JS rollovers and links, this menu will never display, it just shows text links.
If I attempt to open the homepage in a differant browser, say chrome for example, it works fine.
I also noticed that some of the UNC paths in windows explorer were being displayed the same, rather than having the full path is display as \\blabla\.\. One user reported today that she is having trouble copying to a network share, I need to investigate but I think this is related.
So I disabled SEP, this has no effect. Next I uninstalled SEP, and low and behold the intranet starts working again immediately, UNC paths go back to working normally.