Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Issues in installing Symantec Endpoint Protection manager 11.0 console for remote administration

Posted Apr 20, 2009 03:24 AM
    Hi Folks,
    I'm trying to install SEP manager console on my machine so that I can remotely administer it without having the need to login to the server itself. However, when I goto http://<IPaddress>:9090 & click on the link which says "Click here to download and log in to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager", nothing happens. It just stays still.

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks!!

• 2.  RE: Issues in installing Symantec Endpoint Protection manager 11.0 console for remote administration

Posted Apr 20, 2009 03:35 AM
    Hi Technofreakie,

Can you tell me which version of java u have installed in your machine? And also what operating system do you have?

• 3.  RE: Issues in installing Symantec Endpoint Protection manager 11.0 console for remote administration

Posted Apr 20, 2009 03:35 AM
    Hi Technofreakie,

Can you tell me which version of java u have installed in your machine? And also what operating system do you have?

• 4.  RE: Issues in installing Symantec Endpoint Protection manager 11.0 console for remote administration

Posted Apr 20, 2009 03:38 AM
    Please ensure your 9090 port i sopen and install JRE 10.5 and above

• 5.  RE: Issues in installing Symantec Endpoint Protection manager 11.0 console for remote administration

Posted Apr 20, 2009 03:46 AM
    There is java available in SEPM folder

\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\webapps\scm\clientpkg\jre-1_5_0_15-windows-i586-p.exe

Install this java and then try to open http:\\ip:9090

• 6.  RE: Issues in installing Symantec Endpoint Protection manager 11.0 console for remote administration

Posted Apr 20, 2009 03:50 AM

Thanks a lot for the support guys... I installed JRE 1.5.0.14 & it started working great. May be the issue was with IIS not redirecting to the correct page or file.

• 7.  RE: Issues in installing Symantec Endpoint Protection manager 11.0 console for remote administration

Posted Apr 20, 2009 03:54 AM
    sounds good that you are done thru it, it was an issue related with the java thats for sure, need to update java and also look for the scripting thing in the intranet settings regularly.