Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Issues registering multiple fingerprints on Lenovo laptop due to PGP 10.2

Posted Feb 20, 2013 12:45 PM

Our admin staff has noticed that having PGP 10.2 64 bit client installed on a Lenovo laptop running Win 7 64 bit has created limitations when registering fingerprints via the built-in fingerprint scanner. Limitation now appears to be only 2 fingers and then machine needs to be restarted to continue registering additional. Has anyone else encountered similar?

• 2.  RE: Issues registering multiple fingerprints on Lenovo laptop due to PGP 10.2

Posted Feb 21, 2013 03:34 AM

Are you registering the fingerprints with PGP or just with the lenovo itself?  I was not aware that you could use fingerprints as a method of authentication with PGP.  If it's the latter, have you confirmed that PGP is the cause?  Try uninstalling a client from a laptop and see if the behaviour still exists.

• 3.  RE: Issues registering multiple fingerprints on Lenovo laptop due to PGP 10.2

Posted Mar 08, 2013 12:07 PM

This is just registering fingerprints on the laptop itself. It appears the PGP install is interfering with the fingerprint registration process. Will get team to try uninstalling PGP to see if that resolves issue.

• 4.  RE: Issues registering multiple fingerprints on Lenovo laptop due to PGP 10.2

Posted Apr 30, 2013 02:38 AM

Any update on this issue?

• 5.  RE: Issues registering multiple fingerprints on Lenovo laptop due to PGP 10.2

Posted Apr 30, 2013 12:50 PM

Hi Ben,

Last word I have is that this is the way it is and there is no fix at this point. I have had submitted a product feature request to address this issue.