Issues scripting conversion to managed mode/different management server in 12.1.1000
I'm having an issue getting existing clients on version 12.1.671 to move Management servers using the same process I have succesfully used in the past with the new management server on 12.1.1000.
Because of various environmental requirements, I have a custom script that was stopping SEPM (using smc -stop), placing Sylink.xml in the required directory based on platform, then starting. The Sylink Remote tool doesn't work for my purposes.
This process has worked for quite some time in many environments with no issues.
My situation is that I need to move clients from their existing management server (12.1.671) to a newly installed Management server (12.1.1000) and even when I manually execute the actions performed by the script to ensure it's not some issue with my code, it doesn't work. The clients that I'm testing with are mixed between on 12.1.1000 and 12.1.671.
However, if I use the GUI to Import the Sylink.xml file, it works.
I have tested this on at least 4 different machines currently all with the same result.
I am baffled as to why this process that I have used hundreds of times is not working with my newly installed 12.1.1000 management server unless I manually import Sylink.xml through the GUI, which obviously is not a sustainable solution. :)