Video Screencast Help

Issues while virtualising office 2010 in swv 7.5

Created: 10 Dec 2013 | 2 comments

In win7 and xp when we activate our office 2010 package captured using swv 7.5 virtualisation admin and when we create and save a file using infopath designer 2010 and try to open it using infopath filler 2010 it fails saying "The specified path can not be found" .
The troublshooting that i have done so far leads me to the conclusion that it is related to some faulty resolving of [temp] and [userprofile] in swv 7.5

these variables resolved correctly in lower version of swv 6.1. (This app functionality works fine when captured using lower version swv 6.1)

as per swv 7.5

[TEMP]  %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\abc\local settings\Temp

[USERPROFILE]  %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\abc

as per swv 6.1

[TEMP]  C:\Documents and Settings\abc\local settings\Temp

[USERPROFILE]  C:\Documents and Settings\abc

Can anyone  please suggest whats going wrong here?

Another issue in windows xp

Virtualised copy of office 2010 captured using swv 7.5 has some weird behaviour related to sent to onenote printer.

When we give print and select the onenote printer it gives multiple prints (each captured copy so far  has different  no. of prints been given for a single print instance)

This functionality works fine when captured using swv 6.1

Please throw some light on whats going on here??

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

psarang's picture

In the  path "%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\abc\local settings\Temp" abc refers to userprofile name

EdT's picture

May I recommend you work through the process in this thread:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/add-ins-cause-error-1606-word-2010-launch#comment-9611951

as your situation may well involve some missing resource as well. The usual MSI faultfinding techniques (enable verbose logging and check application event logs) may well reveal what the problem is.

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.