Video Screencast Help

Java 7 U11 and Add/Edit Package issues

Created: 17 Jan 2013 • Updated: 23 May 2013 | 8 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi upgraded my computer to Java 7 U11.  Now when I attempt to add or edit a package, I get an error with Java.  I logged on to the server which does not have Java 7 U11 and I have no issues.  I changed the Security to Medium and Low in the Java Control Panel, but it did not help.  I'm running Win7 64-bit with IE9.  Does anyone else have this issue?  Below is the error message:

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

Andrew Bosch's picture

I have Java 7 Update 11 installed and mine is working just fine.  Maybe uninstall and re-install Java?  Did it ask you to reboot after installation?  It did for me, which I'd never seen before.

Sr. Principal SQA Engineer

ArthurV's picture

Reboot dd not work.  Didn't try uninstall/re-install.  I downgraded to Java 6 U38 and its working again.

mclemson's picture

What's your console version -- 7.0, 7.1?  SP/MP level?

Mike Clemson, Senior Systems Engineer, ASC
Intuitive Technology Group -- Symantec Platinum Partner

mclemson's picture

Possible reasons:

I have an SMP with 7.1 SP2 MP1.1 installed with Java 7 Update 11 and I don't have this issue on Internet Explorer 9 32-bit.  Have you tried uninstalling Java, rebooting, reinstalling, and rebooting?

Mike Clemson, Senior Systems Engineer, ASC
Intuitive Technology Group -- Symantec Platinum Partner

AngelD's picture

Seems a lot of other people are having problems with the exception after updating to U11; thus for other solutions

Edit: by solutions I mean non-symantec web applications

Some info for troubleshooting the exception trace for what it's worth:

jellsworth's picture

I've been having tons of issues with U11, same as mentioned and also had some sneakware come through. Luckily it wasn't through symantec, but still, it got past Shavlik. I've just gone back to 7 U5 and no problems. Maybe java's latest update will contain less problems.

ArthurV's picture

Issue resolved!  My AD ID is part of many groups.  I removed it from a few and now it works.