Java Generics, JPA 2, J2EE, JSF 2, GWT, Ajax, Oracle's Java Strategies, Flex, iPhone, Agile ALM, Grails, Groovy at India’s No.1 Software Developer Conference
Great Indian Developer Summit 2010 – India's Biggest Polyglot Conference and Workshops for IT Software Professionals
Bangalore, April 9, 2010: The GIDS.Java Conference and Workshops has announced the complete program of over 50 sessions on the present and future of the Java language and VM, how they are evolving to meet the community's ever-changing needs, and some of the cutting-edge tools, technologies & techniques used for building robust enterprise Java applications today. The GIDs.Java track at Great Indian Developer Summit takes place 22 and 23 April 2010, at the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore.
As one of the longest running independent developer conferences in India, GIDS.Java at the Great Indian Developer Summit 2010 is uniquely positioned to provide a blend of practical, pragmatic and immediately applicable knowledge and a glimpse of the future of technology. During 22 and 23 April 2010, GIDS.Java offers a multi-track conference, workshops, expo show floor, and networking opportunities.
The first keynote at GIDS.Java "Pointy Haired Bosses and Pragmatic Programmers" is led by Dr. Venkat Subramaniam. He speaks about how each of us has a professional responsibility to be objective and make decisions that will help us and our teams be productive and deliver results. Venkat will pick on some fallacies, lay down facts, and discuss how to stay professional and objective in our daily efforts.
The second keynote of the day explains the practical features that make the Cloud so interesting, and why everyone should start using it in their everyday life. Simone Brunozzi, Amazon Web Services Technology Evangelist, will detail technical examples, business details all mixed with a lot of Italian humor to ensure audience enjoy this talk without a single line of code.
The third keynote of the day gives an exciting overview of directions in the Java space for Oracle, featuring concrete signs of Oracles heavy investment, a clear concise strategy overview, and deep dives into some of the most interesting pieces of technology being developed in the Java Platform Group today; such as JavaEE, JDK7, JavaFX, and our exciting new visual tools. Featuring demos by a Java evangelism team star, Simon Ritter, this talk takes you top to bottom in Java Technology.
Featured talks at GID.Web include:
* Good, Bad, and Ugly of Java Generics, Venkat Subramaniam
* Pure Java Ajax: An Overview of GWT 2.0, Marty Hall
* How JPA 2.0 Makes a Good Thing Even Better, Mike Keith
* Building Enterprise RIAs with Adobe Flex and Java, Sujit Reddy G
* Integrated Ajax Support in JSF 2.0, Marty Hall
* Design Patterns in Java and Groovy, Venkat Subramaniam
* A Gentle Introduction to iPhone and Obj-C for Java Developers, Matthew McCullough
* Cloud Computing: Azure for Java Developers, Janakiram MSV
* First steps to IT Heaven Through the Cloud. Part III: .Java, Simone Brunozi
* Building Web 2.0 User Interfaces for Web Service Models using JSF, Frank Nimphius and Jobinesh P
* Acceptance Test Driven Development, John Tobin and Mohammed Mohsinali
* Architecting Your Java Applications for the Cloud, Praveen Srivatsa
* Effective Java, Venkat Subramaniam
* The Amazing Groovy Weight-loss Plan, Scott Davis
* Enterprise Modeling - from Conceptual Planning to Technical Blueprints, J Sripad
* Java Collections Renaissance, Donald Raab and Vlad Zakharov
* Power 7 and IBM J9VM, Himanshu Goyal
* A Whistle-stop Tour of Maven 3.0, Matthew McCullough
* Mass Volume Opportunities for Java Developers, Jouko Nuottila
* Emerging Technology Complex Event Processing, Duvvuri Srinivas
* Agile ALM for Distributed Development, Karthi Swaminathan
* Dim Sum Grails - A Sampler of Practical Non Database-Driven Grails Applications, Scott Davis
* Diagnosing Performance Bottlenecks in J2EE, Deepak Kaul
* Business Driven Identity Management, Suneet Agera
* Combining Java EE with OSGi using Eclipse Gemini, Mike Keith
* Workshop: Essence of Functional Programming, Venkat Subramaniam
* Workshop: Agile Development, Tools, and Teams and Scrum Certification, Stephen Forte
* Workshop: Cloud Computing Boot Camp on the Google App Engine, Matthew McCullough
* Workshop: Building Your First Amazon App, Simone Brunozzi
* Workshop: The 180-min AJAX and JSON Spike Class, Scott Davis
* Workshop: PHP + Adobe Flex = Killer RIA, Shyamprasad P
* Workshop: User Expereince Evaluation Model Walkthrough, Sanna Häiväläinen
* Workshop: Building Data Centric Applications using Adobe Flex and Java, Prashant Singh
* Workshop: Monetizing your Apps with PayPal X Payments Platform, Khurram Khan, Praveen Alavilli
Sponsors of Great Indian Developer Summit 2010 include: Platinum sponsors Microsoft, Oracle Forum Nokia and Adobe; Gold sponsors Intel and SAP; Silver sponsors Quest Software, PayPal, Telerik and AMT.
About Great Indian Developer Summit
Great Indian Developer Summit is the gold standard for India's software developer ecosystem for gaining exposure to and evaluating new projects, tools, services, platforms, languages, software and standards. Packed with premium knowledge, action plans and advise from been-there-done-it veterans, creators, and visionaries, the 2010 edition of Great Indian Developer Summit features focused sessions, case studies, workshops and power panels that will transform you into a force to reckon with. Featuring 3 co-located conferences: GIDS.NET, GIDS.Web, GIDS.Java and an exclusive day of in-depth tutorials - GIDS.Workshops, from 20 April to 24 April at the IISc campus in Bangalore.
At GIDS you'll participate in hundreds of sessions encompassing the full range of Microsoft computing, Java, Agile, RIA, Rich Web, open source/standards, languages, frameworks and platforms, practical tutorials that deep dive into technical skill and best practices, inspirational keynote presentations, an Expo Hall featuring dozens of the latest projects and products activities, engaging networking events, and the interact with the best and brightest of speakers from around the world.
For further information on GIDS 2010, please visit the summit on the web http://www.developersummit.com/
A Saltmarch Media Press Release
Ph: +91 80 4005 1000