Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Java Virtual Machine Launcher error after upgrading to SEP 11.0 MR4 MP2 from SEP MR4 MP1a

Posted May 25, 2009 02:35 AM
    Hi,

After upgrading to SEPM 11.0 MR4 MP2 we are facing an error as discussed in the below KB from Symantec.

http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/854fa02b4f5013678825731a007d06af/8ea1593f1d1fcee68025759a003d8403?OpenDocument

After macking the changes, still we are not able to launch SEPM console on the SEPM server. We have restarted the server 2-3 times but still error persists.

Pls suggest.

Rgrds,
    SAM

• 2.  RE: Java Virtual Machine Launcher error after upgrading to SEP 11.0 MR4 MP2 from SEP MR4 MP1a

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2009 02:42 AM
    hi,

can you verify from event id , the error message ?

can you check from remote machine, if you can login into SEPM?

may be you are aware of running the Management Server configuration wizard, any attempt using this?

Cheers
    Pete!

• 3.  RE: Java Virtual Machine Launcher error after upgrading to SEP 11.0 MR4 MP2 from SEP MR4 MP1a

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2009 02:50 AM
    hi,
    aslo wanted to know if the SEPM and DB service is running, any hint from scm-server-0.log from tomcat logs?

Pete!

• 4.  RE: Java Virtual Machine Launcher error after upgrading to SEP 11.0 MR4 MP2 from SEP MR4 MP1a

Posted May 25, 2009 02:53 AM
    Hi pete,

I think you haven't gone through the Symantec KB link which i've attached to my post.

Pls check.

Remote machine login is also NOT working.

Management Server configuration wizard not yet done as i've open a case with tech support.

Inase Symantec recommends then i'll go throu' it.

Rgrds,
    SAM

• 5.  RE: Java Virtual Machine Launcher error after upgrading to SEP 11.0 MR4 MP2 from SEP MR4 MP1a

Posted May 25, 2009 02:56 AM
    The changes that you made on the registry, is it saved?

• 6.  RE: Java Virtual Machine Launcher error after upgrading to SEP 11.0 MR4 MP2 from SEP MR4 MP1a

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2009 02:58 AM
    Hi Sam,
    thanks, i asked since KB article mentions

In some cases connecting to SEPM via the Remote Console may be possible, however in other cases this may not be possible, as the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Service could have crashed.

Any hint from scm-server-0.log for details!!

Let's know the solution once you get to know from Tech Support.

Cheers!!
    Pete!

• 7.  RE: Java Virtual Machine Launcher error after upgrading to SEP 11.0 MR4 MP2 from SEP MR4 MP1a

Posted May 25, 2009 07:23 AM
    HI Pete,

With the help of Symantec Technical Support, we did repair and then restart and then things went fine.

Do follow the above document carefully as it has the solutilon.

I ssugested TEchnical Support Eng. also to add the repair steps in the above mentioned link.

Rgrds,
    SAM

• 8.  RE: Java Virtual Machine Launcher error after upgrading to SEP 11.0 MR4 MP2 from SEP MR4 MP1a

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2009 07:28 AM
    wonderful :-)

good to hear.

Cheers!!
    Pete!

• 9.  RE: Java Virtual Machine Launcher error after upgrading to SEP 11.0 MR4 MP2 from SEP MR4 MP1a

Posted May 26, 2009 01:53 AM
    I was one of the people given some info when I was in Symantec that we are rolling out a program for the KB itself, where you as a customer can give suggestions / suggest modifications to any specific KB that you found was lacking info or was plain simple off the given road.

Don't know if anyone from the KB team reads this or not.

@ Mods - Any way you can confirm if this was rolled out to the general public, or has it been rolled out only as a test thingy?