Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  JLU security error 235: A package retrieved from the LiveUpdate server failed verification

Posted Jan 24, 2012 01:43 PM

The virus definitions for my Symantec Messaging Appliance 9.5.2-3 have not updated since def 2012-1-20(4).  I see the following errors in my logs:

JLU security error 235: A package retrieved from the LiveUpdate server failed verification

followed by,

[54042] Failed to install the AV definitions 

I have restarted LiveUpdate to no avail.  Is a reboot required to clear this up?

• 2.  RE: JLU security error 235: A package retrieved from the LiveUpdate server failed verification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2012 02:13 PM

You may have gotten a bad download at some point. Log into the command-line interface and run 'delete avrules'. This will clear out the virus definitions.

Once this is done, you will want to log into the Control Center and click on Virus -> LiveUpdate and click on LiveUpdate Now. This will download new definitions.

• 3.  RE: JLU security error 235: A package retrieved from the LiveUpdate server failed verification
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 25, 2012 09:09 AM

We discovered the issue was related to our ISP.  We were unable to download any files of any size.  Now that our ISP have solved their issue it has downloaded the latest virus def.