Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Job failed Access denied KB V-79-57344-33928

Created: 10 Oct 2013 • Updated: 15 Oct 2013 | 5 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I am using BE2012 and am currently trying to do a restore using the "complete online restore of a computer, or restore system components option"

When i do run the job if fails with an error indicating that Access denied.

Job ended: October-10-13 at 9:48:56 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33928

The error indicates that the only folder it has an issue with is the Symantec Endpoint Protection directories. I am wondering why it fails to restore these directories and if there is a workaround? It seems to fails on every file/folder that is relating to Symantec, I have included a few of the directories it failed on below:

Access denied to directory Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE.

Access denied to directory Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\12.1.2015.2015.105.

Thanks,

Stephane Chouinard
Operating Systems:

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

lmosla's picture

hello,

confirm that the user account used is a member of: domain admins.

Is this a restore from tape or disk?

schouinard's picture

Hello Imosla,

Thanks for the response, the user account is a member of domain admins and this is a restore from disk.

Stephane 

lmosla's picture

can you access these directories physically? If there is antivirus running make sure there is an exclusion for the Backup Exec services.

Ramprabhu's picture

Hi,

If you are restoring to a Durbo NAS, you could refer the following Technical Article

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH183606

Thanks,

Ram

schouinard's picture

I attempted to create an exception for BackupExec but this did not solve the problem. I then removed the tamper protection on Symantec Endpoint Protections Management console and this resolved the issue.

Stephane Chouinard

SOLUTION