Job failures on CASO after BE 2010 R3 SP3 update
Setup is as follows:
- Servers A, B; both are media servers with A as the CASO.
- BE 2010 R3 with SP3 applied.
- Updated remote agent applied to remote host.
- No other changes to network, servers or logon accounts have taken place before/after the SP3 application.
The following issue has occurred only after the application of SP3:
Using the BE 2010 UI on the CASO
- I am able to browse the remote host and make selections.
- I am able to do a TEST run of the job on both A and B with success.
- Credential checks are also successful.
- Managed media servers are allowed to use any network interface.
- No other service is using port 10000 on either A or B, or the remote host.
- Jobs submitted to run on server B are successful.
- Jobs submitted to run on server A (CASO), however, fail.
Jobs ran on server A report
The job failed with the following error: The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not exist on the selected subnet. Try an alternative network interface, or allow Backup Exec to choose any available network interface
How is the remote host 'detected'? Does BE expect a PING reply? Doesn't seem appropriate as PING is often turned off for security reasons. This doesn't explain, though, why I'm able to browse the remote host, or perform a TEST backup job, or the ability to run the job on server B.