Job remains in queued state indefinately
I am having a backup job for a production server remaining in a queued state indefinitely. Other backup jobs run fine suggesting that the problem is on the node side. I have tried the following steps with no result:
- Restarted the backup exec remote agent for windows on the server and resubmitted the job. Still queues.
- Restated the VSS service on the node and resubmitted the job. Still queues.
- Restarted the BE services on the media services and resubmitted the job. Still queues.
- Deleted the job and selection list and recreated both. Submitted new job. Still queues.
- Removed the media that it was trying to use forcing it to grab a different tape. Still queues.
- Restarted remote agent on node while job was queuing causing the job to fail, confirming communication between media server and agent.
- Added domain admin account used for BE to local admin group on node server and resubmitted job. Still queues.
Both the media and node servers are running fine. No errors are reported on either one of the servers.
Media server = MS 2003 STD SP2 running BE 2010 R1 (Physical server)
Node server = MS 2003 STD SP2 running SQL (Virtual server running on ESX 4.0)
No db's directly being backed up onthe sql box, sql backups are made which BE backs up afterwards meaning no sql agent is required.
Could anyone suggest any other possible fix or nudge me in the right direction as to why this is happening. Any other suggestions to add to the above would be appreciated. I have thought about reinstalling the agent on the node but that might require a reboot which at this point I cant do due to the box being in production.