Video Screencast Help

Jobs fail with e000810c, Device Pools emtpy & All Media tab shows 'Loading...'

Created: 03 Sep 2007 • Updated: 21 May 2010 | 2 comments
BE (11d b7170) functioned without problems for a while, but since a couple of days I get error 'e000810c - Physical Volume Library Drive not available.' when I start a (scheduled) job.

Tried the following, without success:
-restarted services,
-restart server,
-installed SP-1 for b7170.

Still the Device Pools tabs shows no devices (HP Ultrium-2 shows under Device Manager) even no Backup To Disk folders, also not able to add a device ('There are no other devices available to be added to this device pool at this time.'). Also the Media tab, All media only shows "Loading...". 

When I try to restore something, I see the used tapes in my restore selection, but when I start a restore job BE freezes when I press 'Run Now'.

I also notices more stange things:
-Installed updates list is empty,
-Liveupdate comes back with error LU1804: not enough mem (nonsense: GB mem free,plenty HD space and TEMP virtually empty).
-trying to repair or uninstall failes with "C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{BEA465C8-2923-42C6-9141-BE44739A6A80}\PatchInventory.ini does not exist."

Help please!

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Mattias Rodlund's picture
Hello.

I have the same problem. I can´t install any updates - not enuogh memory (8GB RAM installed)
No avalible devices (HP Ultrium 232 device installed) in BE.

The device looks fine in Windows Device Manager, and Windows Backup program is running well.

Running on W2003 SBS Premium server, BE11d, 11.0 7170

Any ideas?
Bobnla's picture
TID just came out with the solution. Today  http://support.veritas.com/docs/290495

It, For me, was that all the credentials have to be the same on the services to have the services work together.

Changed the servces to use the same domain account and all is good..

Tid is number 290495

Good luck

Bob