Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Just installed SEP Small Business 2013 and the default Firewall is blocking the internet

Created: 08 Nov 2013 | 3 comments

Most of the client's PC's are running Win 7 Professional, 2-3 are XP and the Servers are Edition 2012. Currently we have the firewall policy disabled, but since the client is under constant risk of malware, keeping it off isn't really an option. How do I configure the firewall to keep internet access? (I'm fairly new to this software and firewalls in particular)

Any help would be appreaciated

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Rafeeq's picture

I suppose you are using it as Unmanged clients ( do not have symantec endpoint protection manager installed)

To check which rule is blocking the connection 

Open the SEP interface

Click on Network threat protection , Click on view logs. This will show you the rule which is blocking the connection. You just need to allow this rule.

Firewall Policies on Unmanaged Symantec Endpoint Protection Clients
Brɨan's picture

Check your Traffic log to see exactly what is being blocked. You can than create a rule to allow it.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Brɨan's picture

Do you need more assistance with your problem or were you able to get it resolved?

If you could post an update for followers of this thread that would be most helpful.

Otherwise, if resolved, you can close the thread out by clicking the "Mark as solution" link at the bottom left on the most helpful post. If multiple posts helped to solve your problem, please click the "Request split solution" link at the bottom left, select the most helpful posts and click the "Submit" button. This will benefit admins looking for a resolution to the same problem.

Thanks and take care,
Brian

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.