Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Keep getting error E000FE36 and E00084AF

Created: 18 Mar 2013 • Updated: 28 Mar 2013 | 3 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I have Backup Exec 12.5 on Dell R710 and tape backup drive is Dell PV T124 and been running fine for 4 years. It just a simple weekend full backup. Now all of sudden I'm getting errors E000FE36 or E00084AF. I tried every possible way to get it backed up but keep getting failed backup on various folders. Like there's an error on certain folders and I tried to backup by skipping that folder but there's new error came up with different folders. What strange though that I backup only  the folders that have error and it work fine!  I even tried to create a new job with full backup and still get an error. I tried to replace the tapes, and still do the same thing.  Do you have any idea what causing this?

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

VJware's picture

Ensure AOFO is enabled in the backup job & set it to use the system vss provider. Try to exclude the AV from scanning beremote.exe & also try to separate the AV scan time from the backup schedule.

Have a look @ this KB too - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...

Sneakernet's picture

Thanks CraigV, I just found a possible solution from the link you gave me. Going to test it out.