Keyboard do not respond in Bootguard if I use PGP Keys on an eToken
Issue: Keyboard do not respond in Bootguard if I use PGP Keys on an eToken with PGP-WDE 10.x till 10.2.1 MP3
- OLD ASUS M4A77TD PRO, AMD Phenom II X4 965, Win7/XP
- New ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Win7/XP
My investigation to this subject:
1) If I use none smartcard keys in PGP-WDE, Bootguard works fine at all - So I expect the Bootguard can handle my Keyboard, my USB chipset on the motherboard and the SATA harddisks
2) If I add a smartcard based key to an already encrypted drive which works fine with Bootguard, the system hangs after the next reboot on the Bootguard screen. Hangs means, the keyboard is not responding to enter a PIN/password. It hangs independend if the eToken is inserted or not.
3) If I put this harddisk to an older Intel based DELL PC and boot from this disk all works fine - including Smartcard support in Bootguard. So I expect Bootguard or the Harddisk is not corrupted
4) I have tested with different keyboards, with only one USB device (keyboard) connected and with several settings in the BIOS. Of course I have tested all available ports.- nothing helps
5) I have excluded USB Host controller with --add-pci-exclusion to prevent conflicts with probing USB Host controllers - this also not help
6) I have replaced the motherboard to make sure that not a faulty board or a problematic chipset is the root cause - this also not help
What I see is that PGP-WDE has problems with their eToken drivers and AMD mainboards/chipsets? Is this true? I do not found a hint to this at any Symantec/PGP support page.
What motherboards are supported?