Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  LDAP Routing no longer working under 8.0.0-24

Posted Mar 24, 2009 01:11 PM
    We've been beating our head against the wall since our upgrade this past weekend. We use LDAP based routing to separate the traffic that was working perfectly over the past year and a half without issue and never an issue through all previous upgrades. We also had to modify the LDAP query under the LDAP routing section to even pull the correct information after the upgrade. Regardless, it is ignoring the Transport attribute and will not route correctly.

Anyone have any ideas or anyone else seeing anything odd with LDAP after the upgrade?

• 2.  RE: LDAP Routing no longer working under 8.0.0-24

Posted Mar 24, 2009 02:17 PM

I've heard of an issue involving variables being used in conjunction with recipient validation and I'm wondering if this could possibly be related.  I think you probably want to get in touch with Support and report your problem.

Kevin

• 3.  RE: LDAP Routing no longer working under 8.0.0-24

Posted Mar 24, 2009 04:21 PM
    Oh yeah - Our "Premium" support was without a clue and after two days have been no help in regards to this - other than to revert to the previous version (which is an ordeal to say the least)

However, looks like we fixed the issue and this is *definitely* a functionality difference between 7.7 and 8. It turns out that the value placed in the Transport Attribute field must be all lowercase (this is new behavior). We reverted back to our original query filter and tested with the lowercase transport entry and it worked properly. Also, we discovered another change to the "Test" query button in the LDAP routing section - it limits the query to 1000 meaning that the test can give you meaningless results if you only have a few entries that have the attribute set in a large LDAP directory as we do - this is different behavior from 7 which returned every entry matching the criteria. Symantec claims no changes to LDAP - I beg to differ.

Good stuff. Anyway, maybe this will help someone else out there...