Video Screencast Help

license and hyper-v

Created: 14 Jun 2013 | 2 comments

if i want to perform GRT backups on my hyper-v guest do i need a license for Remote Windwos agent license?

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

You do not need a RAWS licence to to GRT restores of files in your VM guest.  With a Hyper-V agent licence, you are entitled to load as many RAWS as you like in the VM's hosted on the host which is licenced for the Hyper-V agent.  To do GRT restores, you do need to load RAWS in the VM.

If you have applications, like Exchange and SQL databases, and would like to do GRT restores of these applications, then you would need an Agent for Applications and Databases licence for each application in each VM.  For example, if you have both Exchange and SQL databases in a VM and you want to do GRT restores of these applications, then you need 2 Agent for Applications and Databases licences for this VM alone.