Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

License Key not valid for SSR 2013 SBE - error UMI:V-281-429-49558

Created: 06 May 2013 • Updated: 23 May 2013 | 6 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello,

I have purchased a license for Symantec System Recovery 2013 Small Business Edition. When I try to input the key, I receive an error message explaining that the key is not valid : -Info 6C8F1C25: Cannot activate this product using license key.

The installation of SSR 2013 is running on Windows Server Enterprise 2008 SP1 (64 bit OS).

Can you provide me a support for this problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Operating Systems:

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

Markus Koestler's picture

Try contacting the licensing department, they should help: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO42310

by the way: SP1 for Server 2008 is NOT supported for SSR 2013, only SP2: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH201318

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

ERPETS's picture

Hello Markus,

Thanks for the feedback.

Does it mean that I need to update the OS to SP2 or do I need to purchase the Server Edition license to can run SSR 2013 ? How can you explain that SSR 2013 trial version was running on the server with SP1 without any problem ?

Regards.

No, it just means if everything is running fine you're well off, but if anything goes wrong and you open a support ticket Symantec will probably ask you to update to SP2.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

Have you been able to sort out your problem ?

ERPETS's picture

Hello Markus,

I have finally fixed my problem by :

- installing Service Pack2 for WinK8 Server Enterprise Edition

- purchasing the SR2 licence.

Now the license key is installed and I can use the SSR2013 without any problem.

This topic is close.

Thanks for your support.

Regards.

SOLUTION

So please mark this post as solved then !