Video Screencast Help

Licenses have decided they dont want to work

Created: 17 Dec 2012 | 2 comments

Exception occurred while verifying a certificate in certificate store.

I tried remobving expired certs and reapplying licenses. still no luck.

Anyone got any ideas. Running version 7.0

 

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Ludovic Ferre's picture

Did you use the License Removal tool? That was the best option to clear legacy certificates before installing new licenses.

Mind you, it could also be related to an update and something on your server.

Did you check the system or application logs, anything unusual showing in there?

Finally, Microsoft published a KB recently that deprecates all certificates that are less than have a key length < 1024Byte in size. This is less lilkely to be the issue, but I learnt (long ago) to never say never with software ;).

I am currently off-net, on a retreat of some kind. I'll be back real soon, and you sure will hear from me then ;-).

Ludovic FERRÉ
Principal Remote Product Specialist
Symantec

prince_y's picture

yes this seems to be an issue to due to microsoft KB .Have you tried removing the license manually by using the license removal tool..If you get an error when you try launching the licensing tool.You can confirm that this is due to microsoft update..You can try following this article TECH198685 which suggest you tor remove a microsoft update..once you that ..Ypu will be able install licenses without any issues