Video Screencast Help

Licensing BE 2012 Hyper-V and V-Ray

Created: 02 Aug 2012 | 1 comment
Nene's picture

Hello People,

I have 2 hosts servers each with 1 AD, 1 Exchange CAS n HUB, and 1 Exchange Mailbox configured in a DAG. I also have two physical servers from an old deployment with 1 AD and 1 Exchange. There are still other servers with a file server, SQL, Linux and Oracle as physical servers.

I need to confirm, if I purchase the Hyper-V agent  for the 2 hosts, do i still need to license the applications on them, using the agent for applications and databases.

If i choose to purchase V-Ray edition of BE 2012, when I purchase the additional agents for all the physical servers, will the V-ray server also allow me install the agents for these licenses and backup these servers as well?

Please advice urgently.

Thank you for your usual support.

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

Kiran Bandi's picture

I need to confirm, if I purchase the Hyper-V agent  for the 2 hosts, do i still need to license the applications on them, using the agent for applications and databases.

Yes, you need to purchase specific agents to backup applications running inside VMs.

If i choose to purchase V-Ray edition of BE 2012, when I purchase the additional agents for all the physical servers, will the V-ray server also allow me install the agents for these licenses and backup these servers as well?

Yes, it will. Easily expand any Backup Exec 2012 V-Ray Edition environment to support physical servers, applications, and storage configurations with Backup Exec Agents and Options. 

V-Ray edition DS: http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/enterprise/fact_sheets/b-symc_backup_exec_2012_vray_edition_overview_DS_21227307.en-us.pdf