Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Licensing BE 2012 Hyper-V and V-Ray

Created: 02 Aug 2012 | 1 comment
Nene's picture

Hello People,

I have 2 hosts servers each with 1 AD, 1 Exchange CAS n HUB, and 1 Exchange Mailbox configured in a DAG. I also have two physical servers from an old deployment with 1 AD and 1 Exchange. There are still other servers with a file server, SQL, Linux and Oracle as physical servers.

I need to confirm, if I purchase the Hyper-V agent  for the 2 hosts, do i still need to license the applications on them, using the agent for applications and databases.

If i choose to purchase V-Ray edition of BE 2012, when I purchase the additional agents for all the physical servers, will the V-ray server also allow me install the agents for these licenses and backup these servers as well?

Please advice urgently.

Thank you for your usual support.

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

Kiran Bandi's picture

I need to confirm, if I purchase the Hyper-V agent  for the 2 hosts, do i still need to license the applications on them, using the agent for applications and databases.

Yes, you need to purchase specific agents to backup applications running inside VMs.

If i choose to purchase V-Ray edition of BE 2012, when I purchase the additional agents for all the physical servers, will the V-ray server also allow me install the agents for these licenses and backup these servers as well?

Yes, it will. Easily expand any Backup Exec 2012 V-Ray Edition environment to support physical servers, applications, and storage configurations with Backup Exec Agents and Options. 

V-Ray edition DS: http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/enterprise/fact_sheets/b-symc_backup_exec_2012_vray_edition_overview_DS_21227307.en-us.pdf