Licensing question after upgrading to BE2012
I have upgraded our BE2010 to BE2012 and I have this machine backup situation (in previusly product version I don't any doubt):
- 1 BE2012 Console Admin installed on File server (we can call it Srv1) (Win2008StdEd): on this server there are a lot of share's used by users to store their and job files so I need to backup it. This server is connected to single tape library Dell Power Vault 114x (LTO4) (we bought only licence for BE2012 but not BE Remote Agent for this Windows Server)
- 1 server called Srv2 with WinSrv2008 where I have installed BE Remote Agent for Windows Server to backup it (we bought 1 Agent for Windows server)
- 2 NAS (Buffalo LinkStation LS-WTGL/R1-W3 not BE Agent compliant) used to store technical files so I need to backup it and 1 of them is used to store temporary duplicated backup job
- 10 PC with XP SP3 or W7 32/63bit: with BE2010 no licence required so I installed BE Remote Agent for Windows Server to backup a shared directory. Upgrading BE2010 to 2012 I upgraded it to BE Remote Agent for Windows Server 2012.
Checking this configuration with Symantec Backup Exec License Assessment Tool Report tell me I need a BE Remote Agent for Windows Server license for:
- 2 NAS (but I cannot install on it)
- 1 server Srv2
- 2 for 2 PC with Windows XP SP3
- 2 for 2 PC with Windows 7 (1 32bit, 1 64bit)
I need to contact Symantec support for this situation?
Thanks in advance.