Control Compliance Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Linux Agent Based Asset Not Showing in CCS 11.0 Asset System

Posted May 01, 2014 12:17 PM
      |   view attached

I have a CentOS 6.5 x64 server on which I have installed the CCS Agent.  The agent installation ran through issues like missing the /lib/ld-linux.so.2 and the libpam.so.0 dependencies, that I managed to install.  Thence, the install went through fine.  It ran until Phase 14 of the installation and then said that the setup is complete.

After that, I have been trying to "Import Registered Agents" within the CCS console, but the Linux machine does not appear.  I do not remember seeing any errors in the installation after having met the requirement of the two missing files.

The CentOS server had iptables turned on for IP version 4 and IP version 6.  I have turned off iptables on both.  DNS is configured on the CentOS machine and it is able to ping the domain controllers, CCS App server and the CCS Manager.  The other machines are able to ping the Linux machine.

Is there any way to see why the Linux machine does not appear in the Asset System under Agents?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Linux Agent Based Asset Not Showing in CCS 11.0 Asset System

Posted Aug 18, 2014 04:21 PM

Did the Asset Exists prior to the Agent being installed?  If so, then the Agent will be found in the same folder where the asset exists under the Agent view.   If not, then check in the root folder for the Agent and the Asset (i.e. \Asset System).   If you still can't find it, then you will want to look on the CCS Manager in the following folder:   D:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\CCS\Reporting and Analytics\ESM\Assets  This folder is where the xml file should be created when the agent is registered to the manager.   You may need to go through the registration process on the Linux machine again to verify if an XML file is created on the manager.   The Fetch Registered Agent job will then process all of the XMLs located in this manager.

You may also need to verify that you have the correct binaries for the CCS Agent.  earlier versions of the Agent would create duplicate GUIDs which resulted in multiple Assets being attached to a single Agent.