Video Screencast Help

Linux OS AV Scanning in SEPM 12.1.2 ?

Created: 19 Nov 2012 • Updated: 19 Nov 2012 | 7 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi,

What are the latest updates for the SAVFL for Linux ?

I'm thinking to deploy the SEPM Linux appliance to do the Linux OS scanning using vShield API if possible.

Comments 7 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

From here for all defs:

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/definiti...

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

pete_4u2002's picture

can you clarify what you mean to say SEPM on Linux appliance.

.Brian's picture

The SEP Security Virtual Applicance is not a SEPM. It's a linux based virtual appliance that you install on a VMware EXS/EXSi server. It integrates with VMWare's vShield Endpoint. The Shared Insight Cache runs in the appliance and lets Windows based guest VMs share scan results.

I want to make sure your not confusing this as it does not act as a virtual SEPM.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

SOLUTION
John Santana's picture

Ah, so it doesn't scans Linux host as per the definition using vShield API ?

Kind regards,

John Santana
IT Professional

--------------------------------------------------

Please be nice to me as I'm newbie in this forum.

.Brian's picture

It only works for clients managed by the SEPM, as you need to set this up in the AV policy. Linux clients cannot be managed by SEPM as of yet.

John Santana's picture

cool, thanks Brian !

Kind regards,

John Santana
IT Professional

--------------------------------------------------

Please be nice to me as I'm newbie in this forum.