LinuxPE image for HP and IBM
I recently started using Altiris deployment solution 6.9 SP5 to remote install Linux/Windows operating system. Kindly bare with me if the below queries are trivial, I've not yet taken any knowledge transition.
I need to preboot the new servers with LinuxPE image using DHCP to automate OS install. I'm able to preboot the new servers with the default x86 LinuxPE image created by Altiris DS.
- Do HP and IBM provide their own custom LinuxPE image preinstalled/preconfigured with Altiris agent and other drivers supported by their hardware?
- If so where can I download the image on HP or IBM or Symantec website.
- Does Altiris DS 6.9 and 7.1 support both LinuxPE x86 and x64 preboot image?
- Can I use LinuxPE x86 image to install both x86 and x64 operating systems?
- Is it possible to install LinuxPE x86 image to install both Windows x86 and x64 OS?
Appreciate any help.