Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Live Update Distribution Failure

Created: 05 Aug 2014 • Updated: 06 Aug 2014 | 7 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

We are getting the following error trying to distribute the Live updates for v12.1 to a private network.

Following contents are missing in Content Repository.
<br>Symantec Endpoint Protection v12.1 English-SEPC Iron Revocation List v12.1<br>[]<br>Symantec Endpoint Protection v12.1 English-SEPM Iron Settings v12.1<br>[sepm$20iron$20settings$20v12.1_microdefsb.curdefs_symalllanguages_livetri.zip]<br>Symantec

Operating Systems:

Comments 7 CommentsJump to latest comment

Rafeeq's picture

getting these on Liveupdate administrator or on SEPM? 

Hve you manually deleted any files from your LUA 2.x server's directories to try to clear up some room, by any chance?  From the log entry above, it appears that LUA has database entries tht certain content updates exists, locally.  It cannot find them when it tries to send them to a DC.

Following contents are missing in Content Repository.
<br>Symantec Endpoint Protection v12.1 RU2 Russian-SEPC Iron Revocation List 12.1 RU2<br>[]<br>Symantec Endpoint Protection v12.1 RU2 English-SEPM Virus Definitions Win64 (x64) 12.1 RU2 H<br>[]<br>Symantec Endpoint Protection v12.1 English-SEPM Iron

Also: have you configured your LUA server to download many languages?  Or tuned it to just download the SEP 12.1 RU2 components and languages that are in use in your environment?

This article may be of interest:

Managing LiveUpdate Administrator 2.x Space Usage
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/managing-liveupdate-administrator-2x-space-usage

Please do keep this thread up-to-date with your progress!

SOLUTION
skjennings's picture

I'm not real sure, but I ran the process again manually, which it failed. However the files that were not pushed the first time were. So, the SEPM servers updated successfully.

.Brian's picture

This is a known issue, thread started here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/def...

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Chetan Savade's picture

I see it as a unexpected issue, it should resolve with the next liveupdate download.

Chetan Savade
Sr.Technical Support Engineer, Endpoint Security
Enterprise Technical Support
CCNA | CCNP | MCSE | SCTS |

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helps you.<

Chetan Savade's picture

Could you recheck. Definitions should be updating correctly now.

Chetan Savade
Sr.Technical Support Engineer, Endpoint Security
Enterprise Technical Support
CCNA | CCNP | MCSE | SCTS |

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helps you.<

skjennings's picture

I'm not real sure, but I ran the process again manually, which it failed. However the files that were not pushed the first time were. So, the SEPM servers updated successfully.