Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  LiveUpdate 2.2.1.13 always fails to download SEP virus definition

Posted Jul 17, 2009 03:38 AM
    Hi Support Team,

I found that my LUA fails to download latest Virus Definition fom Symantec. I tried to cancel the task however the status showing "canceling" for 36 hours.

I have created another taks to download latest Virus Definition and click on "Run Now" but the status is retrieving for few hours without downloading anything.

I found that my LUA getting very slow nowdays by having the above mentioned issues. Please help to provide some solution to resolve this issue. Many Thanks.

Regards,
    Mr.Saint

• 2.  RE: LiveUpdate 2.2.1.13 always fails to download SEP virus definition

Posted Jul 17, 2009 05:59 AM
    Was it working earlier or it has never worked at all?
    Is re-installation an option for you as with so many issues its easier to start fresh...

• 3.  RE: LiveUpdate 2.2.1.13 always fails to download SEP virus definition

Posted Jul 17, 2009 06:16 AM
    Hi please follow the steps below it will give you an idea if the machine is having a proble to connect to liveupdate server or is it not able to install the updateds.. Once you know the problem thing what to do.

-Go to control panal double click symantec liveupdate..
    - make it Interactive Mode
    - Then go start / run & type luall.exe then click on..
    - A liveupdate wizard will start check in the wizard if you see the def & do next .

• 4.  RE: LiveUpdate 2.2.1.13 always fails to download SEP virus definition

Posted Jul 19, 2009 09:40 PM
    Hi Saeed,

I can't see symantec liveupdate in my control panel!! Do i need to install LiveUpdate in SEPM server?
    Pelase advice.

Hi Vikram,

It was working fine previously. I'm getting error "LiveUpdate encountered one or more errors. Return code = 4. [Site: SEPM_AP] [Server: my SEPM server hostname"].

Thanks,
    Raja

• 5.  RE: LiveUpdate 2.2.1.13 always fails to download SEP virus definition

Posted Jul 19, 2009 09:49 PM
    Hi All,

I'm using LiveUpdate Administrator, to download latest virus definition and distrubute it to country Repository Servers. My Problem is whenever download start, the status is always retrieving for few hours and if i cancel it status is canceling. I tried rerun the task however giving message "A request is already in progress for this schedule."

Please advice.
    Regards,
    Raja

• 6.  RE: LiveUpdate 2.2.1.13 always fails to download SEP virus definition

Posted Jul 20, 2009 03:18 PM
    Are you able to access the URL of your LUA from SEPM Server  via internetexplorer

https://lua:[port number]/clu-prod

• 7.  RE: LiveUpdate 2.2.1.13 always fails to download SEP virus definition

Posted Jul 22, 2009 10:15 PM
    Able to access to "clu-prod" folder via IE but the content is not updated.

• 8.  RE: LiveUpdate 2.2.1.13 always fails to download SEP virus definition
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 24, 2009 02:20 AM
    Hi All,

Problem resolved after delete all current downad task and recreate new download task and schedule it every 6 hours once.

Previous setting is to check and download every 4 hours. I have created 2 task to download :

a) SAV 10.X virus definition
    b) SEP 11 virus definition

both above task are confick i guess during download for every 4 hours. Problem resolved after changing the schudule time to 6 hours at diffrent time.

Thanks,
    Mr.Saint