LiveUpdate (184.108.40.206) stops downloading after 3500 KB within Backup Exec 2010 MP1 (13.0.2896) => LU1835: Connection to the LiveUpdate server failed
I have a really strange problem with the LiveUpdate (220.127.116.11) for Backup Exec 2010 MP1 running under Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (64bit).
After a clean installation of the server with the OS and a clean installation of Backup Exec 2010 MP1 (13.0.2896) the first thing I tried was to run the LiveUpdate.
It directly connects to the Symantec Servers...
... and find all the necessary updates. If I proceed with a click on "Next" it starts the download but stops always exactly after 3500 KB...
... after some seconds the error message LU1835: Connection to the LiveUpdate server failed appears.
- I'm connecting to LiveUpdate via a Proxy Server.
- I already added http://*.symantec.com and http://liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com to the Trusted Sites within Internet Explorer
- I already checked the articel "How to determine whether your firewall is blocking LiveUpdate" with the result that everything is fine and nothing got blocked from the firewall
- I already increased the time for time-out value for HTTP downloads with the result that the error message LU1835 will be displayed later.
- I also already uninstalled LiveUpdate, rebooted the server, made a clean installation of LiveUpdate and run a repair of Backup Exec without any further result.
- If I try to download a hotfix smaller than 3500 KB (like Hotfix 354911 with ~ 3,1 MB) it works fine for that hotfix - but no luck for any (single) hotfix > 3,5 MB
- At the same time a LiveUpdate runs fine via the same network/same proxy on a Windows Server 2003 R2 and Backup Exec 12.5 installed on it. Here it's e.g. no problem to download SP4 (> 100 MB) for BE12.5 via LiveUpdate, so this is why I do not believe that the problem is related to our internet connection.
Any ideas as I'm running out of them...?