Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  LiveUpdate is stuck on 20 Dec 2010

Posted Dec 23, 2010 12:02 AM

Good Morning Guys,

I have installed Symantec Endpoint Protection version 11.0.6200 on the Laptop as a Self Managed Mode. My Laptop is Dell Vostro, Windows -7 Ultimate , 64 Bit.

I recently upgraded my Symantec software from 11.0.6000 to 11.0.6200. It workeed fine for 3 weeks. Now it seems to have stuck on 20th Dec 2010. I tried to Run LiveUpdte several times. LiveUpdate downloads every thing it can, but then the date stays stuck on 20th Dec.

I also downloaded Intellegent Update from website, even after installing that, its not moving ahead. Shall I uninstall and reinstall the software ? any other suggesition please ?

• 2.  RE: LiveUpdate is stuck on 20 Dec 2010

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 23, 2010 12:08 AM

since it is 64 bit, Use the v5i64 executable file for 64-bit client installations from the following page

http://www.symantec.com/business/security_response/definitions/download/detail.jsp?gid=savce

• 3.  RE: LiveUpdate is stuck on 20 Dec 2010

Posted Dec 23, 2010 12:28 AM

Thanks for a Quick reply Pete. I downloaded the Intellegent updater from the same website. I installed it on my laptop successfully. It also gave me a message that it was successful installing the latest definitions.  After that I rebooted my PC and then ran a full scan, nothing came as infected or suspected.

My Question is either the LiveUpdate is not happenig properly, or the date on the Interface is stuck on 20 Dec for some reason, what do you think ?

• 4.  RE: LiveUpdate is stuck on 20 Dec 2010

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 23, 2010 12:31 AM

I suggest to have quick repair of the SEP component using Add/remove program. Looks like definitions not reflected as it is unable to get the required information from the sources (registry etc).

• 5.  RE: LiveUpdate is stuck on 20 Dec 2010
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 23, 2010 01:54 AM
      |   view attached

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Virus Def, delete the definition dates with revision like (20090210.056), and restart the services

Update the cache from symantec live update & again run live update.

Go to Control Panel ---> Symantec Live Update ---> Update Cache ---> Remove All Files from Cache.

Please check the attachment

• 6.  RE: LiveUpdate is stuck on 20 Dec 2010

Posted Dec 23, 2010 05:20 AM

How to clear out corrupted definitions for a Symantec Endpoint Protection Client manually.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH103176

• 7.  RE: LiveUpdate is stuck on 20 Dec 2010

Posted Dec 23, 2010 02:27 PM

Thanks a lot Guys..... you should get a Nobel.... or something equivalent in Award in computers Support !!!

One More question... Nothing related to Symantec.. why only guys on Support Forums.... I dont see any girl... or you dont let any girl in ??