Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Looking for exact product fit for Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS from symantec

Posted Apr 02, 2014 01:35 AM

Hi,

Am looking for a product for Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS verion OS.

Pl help me to find the right product with exact version and let me know the installation procedure.

Regards,

Siva

• 2.  RE: Looking for exact product fit for Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS from symantec

Posted Apr 02, 2014 01:41 AM

Its Symantec antivirus you can find that in CD2 of symantec endpoint protection download

Check this link for install procedure and more info

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ubuntu

• 3.  RE: Looking for exact product fit for Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS from symantec

Posted Apr 02, 2014 02:55 AM

Thanks for your immdt response Mr.Rafeeq. In fact i had gone thru' all links before posting my request.

The below are my queries.

- SAVFL is part of SEP?

- the links provided are little bit older. Few articles are belongs to year 2012. So am not sure i can follow those things for my UBUNTU 12.04.4 desktop versions.

- As i am in testing phase i have already downloaded trail version of SEP which is about 1.2GB size and file type is .EXE. Am not sure whether i have downloaded the correct file.

Regards,

siva

• 4.  RE: Looking for exact product fit for Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS from symantec

Posted Apr 02, 2014 03:47 AM

Hi Siva,

- SAVFL is part of SEP?

SEP for Linux is expected to be released later on this year.  For the moment, the legacy product SAV for Linux (SAVFL) is indeed the one to use.

- the links provided are little bit older. Few articles are belongs to year 2012. So am not sure i can follow those things for my UBUNTU 12.04.4 desktop versions.

SAVFL will work on Ubuntu.  You will have to compile your own AP module, but it should work fine after that.

Here are some articles that will help:

There have also been several previous threads in the forum about how to install on Ubuntu.  A quick search will provide all the details.

Please keep this thead up-to-date with your progress!

Mick

• 5.  RE: Looking for exact product fit for Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS from symantec

Posted Apr 02, 2014 04:23 AM

Not sure if you have checked the links.

There is no SEP for Linux, when you download Symantec endpoint protection manager CD1 and extact you will find a folder called SAV, this is the source file for ubuntu.

• 6.  RE: Looking for exact product fit for Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS from symantec

Posted Apr 02, 2014 08:04 AM

SAV for Linux is the only available option. There is currently no SEP for Linux.

Read thru Mick's post as it should contain what you need to et started.