Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  LUA 2.2.1.13 : Tomcat service often crash / High System ressource usage

Posted Feb 18, 2009 11:51 AM

Hello,

**** I notice that tomcat service often crash when:

--> You add a lot of  locations (about 50) in distribution centers (with "Save and Add another" buttons) without applying modifications to distribution center

--> You launch manually a scheduled distribution and in the same time, an other scheduled (download or distribute) is trying to run automaticly

--> And usually crash in many ways for no reasons (while editing scheduled distribution, while configuring something...)

How can I debug / help you to solve them ?

I install LUA on Three differents servers (One windows 2000 Server SP4, and two windows 2003 SP2).

All of them are with  jre-6u10-windows-i586

**** I also notice thatLUA 2.2.1.13 is using a lot of system ressources (CPU/RAM) for "just" broadcasting files...Maybe is there some great optimisations to do in the way you do it ? I think using Java/Tomcat technologies isn't helping a lot ! :)

Thanks you

Yoann

Message Edited by Ouhlala on 02-18-2009 09:22 AM

• 2.  RE: LUA 2.2.1.13 : Tomcat service often crash / High System ressource usage

Posted Feb 19, 2009 11:07 AM

This is very anoying...Tomcat crash again while starting a distribution...

LUA 2.2.1.13 is a very unstable products ! Very dangerous for people who think about this software to update their computers...

• 3.  RE: LUA 2.2.1.13 : Tomcat service often crash / High System ressource usage

Posted Feb 19, 2009 10:49 PM

I have this problem too!!! I think LUA is unstable since previously version.

In my case, I had main LUA 2.1 at HQ to download definition of SEP11 and SAV10, then, deployed to 6 LUA servers for 6 branch sites (these site are unable to connect through the Internet and LUA version 2.1). Tomcat at HQ often crashed when distribution schedule started, so the definitions for all of my sites didn't up-to-date. This caused me to face virus infection crisis, especially "Downadup" in January.

I oppened case to Symantec and they advised me to upgrade to ver 2.2 but the problem still occur.

How can I solve this?

• 4.  RE: LUA 2.2.1.13 : Tomcat service often crash / High System ressource usage

Posted Feb 20, 2009 01:55 AM

Hi,

Please try this:

1.       Install the latest JDK 1.6 (note, its is JDK and not JRE)

2.       Set your Path variable and JAVA_HOME to point to this JDK. To check if you are using the right Java in the path, open a command prompt and type java-version. It should show the version you had just downloaded and installed.

3.       In the installed dircetory of Java, copy the server jvm.dll to the client. For example, copy C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

4.       restart the LUA tomcat service from the services control panel.

5.       Check if tomcat crashes.

thanks,

anand

• 5.  RE: LUA 2.2.1.13 : Tomcat service often crash / High System ressource usage
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 20, 2009 09:55 AM

Hi,

I seem to resolve the problem by :

--> Do what you want me to do (take last JDK and copy/replace jvm.dll)

--> And applying these actions:

http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/854fa02b4f5013678825731a007d06af/5be4de9c8b16330f802574600038010a?OpenDocument

All seems fine for me now !

Thank you

Regards