Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  LUA 2.3.1 insufficient free space error

Posted Jun 04, 2012 01:13 PM

Our download of updates is failing on our LUA 2.3.1 server, and the logs say the following:

Failed to execute schedule download schedule due to insufficient free space for updates. 

This was working fine, but suddenly stopped working about 3 weeks ago.  There is plenty of disk space on the server (27GB free) and the home page shows 15.7GB of free space.  Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: LUA 2.3.1 insufficient free space error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2012 01:20 PM

• 3.  RE: LUA 2.3.1 insufficient free space error

Posted Jun 07, 2012 10:46 AM

Ok so I tried setting the regional settings as described in the other thread.  I also tried clearing the cache in the control panel.  Neither of these worked.  

It says free disk space is 15,760MB on the LUA administrator console home page.  

• 4.  RE: LUA 2.3.1 insufficient free space error

Posted Jun 07, 2012 10:47 AM

Edit:  That did not work.  I thought it had originally but it did not.

• 5.  RE: LUA 2.3.1 insufficient free space error
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 07, 2012 10:55 AM

Hi wwforum12,

Whart products are you trying to download content for?  And is this one job trying to download everything all at once?

If so, that could be your problem there.  For example: SEP 11 and 12, client and server, V2 and non-V2, Mac and non-Mac, hub and non-hub.... if the temp location, permanent stoarge location and distribution center are all on one disk, that could very well total up to more space than the LUA server can handle in one go.

Here's an article many have found helpful:

Managing LiveUpdate Administrator 2.x Space Usage
    https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/managing-liveupdate-administrator-2x-space-usage

Try a series of smaller jobs and it should work fine.  Also, have a look at what you need and what LUA is actually configured to go get--- there are usually some tuning steps that can cut the burden way down.

Hope this helps!

Mick

• 6.  RE: LUA 2.3.1 insufficient free space error

Posted Jun 07, 2012 10:56 AM

Try to download manually by selecting only one or two components.--Are you receiving same error?

• 7.  RE: LUA 2.3.1 insufficient free space error

Posted Jun 07, 2012 10:59 AM

What is the quantity of physical memory in the machine and what is the OS version?

By default, Windows Server and Windows in general create a hiber.sys file on the system which generally takes an equal amount of space in GB to the quantity of RAM on the system.

You might need to open a command prompt as administrator (right-click; runas administrator).

In the elevated prompt:

powercfg -H off

This will turn off the hibernation feature of the OS and free up the disk space the system is using.

Alternatively, if you have an additional partition, D: drive for example, you can also change the location of the pagefile from the default C: partition.

Of course both mentionned techniques for freeing up disk space are relative to the fact that the files you require for LUA are located on the C: drive.

• 8.  RE: LUA 2.3.1 insufficient free space error

Posted Jun 07, 2012 12:13 PM

Mick thanks for that link.  That was exactly what I needed.  Once I scaled down the downloads into smaller downloads and also removed extra stuff, they are working perfectly.

• 9.  RE: LUA 2.3.1 insufficient free space error

Posted Jun 07, 2012 12:17 PM

Cheers for updating the thread that the trouble was resolved.  &: )