Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Migration User

Migration UserOct 25, 2007 11:46 AM

Migration User

Migration UserNov 13, 2007 06:43 AM

Migration User

Migration UserNov 16, 2007 03:15 AM

• 1.  LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Oct 25, 2007 11:02 AM
    Yesterday and today I tried to install LUA on many PC, but I got the error:" Insufficient free disk space to download the updates." then I tried to download updates.

The free space on my hard drive near 200G.

The STATISTIC window of LUA show intresting information:
    Free Disk Space 0MB
    Used By Database 53MB
    Used By Updates 1MB
    How it can be ?

The LiveUpdate of Endpoint Protection have download the bases and updates.

No matter how I tried to make updates, in manual mode or scheduling.

In logs of proxy server I can see requests from LUA to liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com

• 2.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Oct 25, 2007 11:46 AM
    What version of LUA are you using?

• 3.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Oct 25, 2007 12:46 PM

From the LU team:

LUA displays the available disk space for the drive on which the LUA is installed.

If the user has selected the default installation path which is “c:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate Administrator” then LUA will display only free space for Drive C:

Can we check with the user which drive he has installed LUA and how much free space he has on that drive?

• 4.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Oct 25, 2007 01:44 PM
    I'm using 2.1 ( Version: 2.1.0.66) version of LUA from the distribute of SEP11 (both version rus and en).  The LUA is installed not default paths (I have try different paths and disks and PCs) on disk E, E:\LiveUpdate Administrator  . The folder for bases downloads not default two: E:\bases.

Just now I'm installed LUA at my home PC without any proxy, firewalls, with direct IP and 77,4GB free on the disk D with istallation and folder for updates. The error is the same.

May be I need to try the earlier version of LUA, but where I can download it ?

Message Edited by elf on 10-25-2007 08:55 PM

Message Edited by elf on 10-25-2007 08:57 PM

• 5.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Oct 29, 2007 03:55 AM
    hello,

we have exactly the same problem.
    Is there anybody who have an answer ?

thank you

• 6.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Oct 30, 2007 04:12 AM
    Hi,
    I have the same problem. After the download request LUA creates huge directory structure in temporary download location, then reports error "Insufficient free disk space to download the updates." and deletes temp dirs.
    Version 2.1.0.77,  the free space on my disk is about 100 GB.
    Does anybody have the solution?

Thanks,
    David

• 7.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Nov 02, 2007 08:46 AM
    The official support does not answer. :(

Does anybody have the solution of this bug?

• 8.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Nov 04, 2007 05:24 PM
    Hi Elf.

I sent the question/issue off to the LUA team. Once I get a reply, I will post it here.

Regards,

JimW

• 9.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Nov 05, 2007 09:58 AM

LUA home page displays “Free Disk Space” for the drive having Content Repository folder, and not the drive having “TempDownload” directory.

In case the Tempdownload directory is on the drive where the there is low disk space (default location c:\TempDownload), but LUA will show 100GB on the Home page which is for the CR directory.

Can you check where the TempDownload directory located is and what’s free space available?

To do this go to Download directory location from Configure->Preferences page “Temporary Directory:”.

Regards,

JimW

• 10.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Nov 05, 2007 10:51 AM
    The TempDownload directory, CR and installation folder of LUA located at disk D. The free space on disk is 50 GB. If I changed the Temporary Directory:” from C to D or another disk nothing happens. LUA home page displays Free Disk Space: 0MB in any case.
    After some debug I'm think, what problem is in
    function parseResponse (getElementsByTagName('space-free')[0].firstChild.data;).

I tried different version of JAVA two (1.5.13, 1.6.0)
    Some people reports, what have not this problem and LUA works perfectly on WIN2003 SP2. (The same as my primary server configuration)

function parseResponse () {
    var xml = httpRequest.responseXML;
    if(xml == null) {
    return;
    }
    var response = httpRequest.responseXML.documentElement;
    if(response != null) {
    //var updateAlertValue = response.getElementsByTagName('applicationUpdateAvailable')[0].firstChild.data;
    var requestsValue = response.getElementsByTagName('requests')[0].firstChild.data;
    var eventsValue = response.getElementsByTagName('events')[0].firstChild.data;
    var downloadValue = response.getElementsByTagName('imageForDownloadCoverage')[0].firstChild.data;
    var publishValue = response.getElementsByTagName('imageForPublishCoverage')[0].firstChild.data;
    var distCenterValue = response.getElementsByTagName('imageForDistCenterCoverage')[0].firstChild.data;
    var spaceUsedByDBValue = response.getElementsByTagName('space-usedByDB')[0].firstChild.data;
    var spaceFreeValue = response.getElementsByTagName('space-free')[0].firstChild.data;
    var spaceUsedByLuaValue = response.getElementsByTagName('space-usedByLua')[0].firstChild.data;
    //document.getElementById('updateAlert').innerHTML = updateAlertValue;
    document.getElementById('requests').innerHTML = requestsValue;
    document.getElementById('events').innerHTML = eventsValue;
    document.getElementById('spacefree').innerHTML = spaceFreeValue;
    document.getElementById('spaceuseddb').innerHTML = spaceUsedByDBValue;
    document.getElementById('spaceusedcr').innerHTML = spaceUsedByLuaValue;
    document.getElementById('DownloadCoverage').innerHTML = downloadValue;
    document.getElementById('PublishingCoverage').innerHTML = publishValue;
    document.getElementById('DistCenterCoverage').innerHTML = distCenterValue;
    }
    }

Thanks,
    Roman

Message Edited by elf on 11-05-2007 05:52 PM

• 11.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Nov 05, 2007 10:55 AM
    Thank you Roman. I have passed this information off to the LUA team.

Regards,

JimW

• 12.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Nov 06, 2007 12:19 AM
    Hi,

I've seen this where I upgraded the vereion of "LiveUpdate" on the same machine where you have installed "LiveUpdate Administrator". They way I solved this was to uninstall both "LiveUpdate" and LiveUpdate Administrator" and then re-install "LiveUpdate Administrator".

The reason for this is the "LiveUpdate Administrator" (LUA) will only work with the version of "LiveUpdate" (LU) that comes with it. It's confusing, I know, but LUA seems to be selective about the version of LU it works with.

I'd test on another computer beforehand, but I think you might find the problem is replicable by installing LUA and then installing the latest version of LU. You should be able to get the "Insufficient disk space error".

PS. Also check the cache size in the LiveUpdate section of the control panel.

• 13.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Nov 06, 2007 07:44 AM
    The LUA 2.1 don't use LU at all. Where is no dependes betwen LUA and LU. In earlier version (1.5) LUA used LU for download updates.
    In any case I tried to do anything I can. And different version of LU and LUA two.

• 14.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Nov 12, 2007 05:16 AM
    Bump.
    I still have the problem.

I comfirm LUA don't need LU.

I also tried different version of Java.

• 15.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Nov 13, 2007 06:37 AM
    Hi,
    the problem is in regional settings :-(. Try to set Regional and Language Options to English...
    David

• 16.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Nov 13, 2007 06:43 AM
    Nothing happens

• 17.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 13, 2007 08:06 AM
    Check the "Apply all settings to the current user account and to the default user profile" checkbox.

• 18.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Nov 13, 2007 10:47 AM
    Thank you very much. This is truly helpfull solution.

But I don't understand, why Symantec makes distributives in different languages and the default language must be always english? :smileysurprised:

Roman.

• 19.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Nov 16, 2007 03:15 AM
    Thank you !
    It also works for me.

• 20.  RE: LUA - Insufficient free disk space to download the updates. (200GB space free)

Posted Sep 04, 2009 11:19 AM
    Didn't work for me - if anyone is still having this issue, clean out the cache from the Symantec Liveupdate in the Control Panel.  That fixed my issue.