Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Mac OSX 10.10 Hardware Inventory does not seem to be returned in SMP 7.6 HF0

Posted Jun 04, 2015 12:51 PM

Dear All,

I am running CMS 7.6 HF0 with the ULM Agent on Mac OSX 10.10 VM and most stuff seems to be working. The OS is in the Platform Support Matrix and there is no reason not to think that ULM Inventory is not supported. There is nothing in the HotFix Release notes about this, either.

I have run the Full Inventory using policies on my VM and the Software is turning up in the Inventory when I look at the machine through the console (Installed Software and reports). However, I cannot see any Hardware inventory AT ALL - no BIOS, Chassis, Hard Disk, CPUs - anything! The Resource Manager does not have the Classes and not even for the Software that I can see in the Inventory, which makes me think that I am not seeing everything, but I am logged in as Symantec Administrator, so not security is being applied...

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Kindest regards,

QuietLeni

• 2.  RE: Mac OSX 10.10 Hardware Inventory does not seem to be returned in SMP 7.6 HF0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2015 05:14 PM

Hi,

Please make sure that full inventory scan completed successfully on client side.

Open terminal on client and issue command "aex-cta list". In output you should be able to see task name(something like Full Software Inventory Scan should be there) - make sure that status is Success.

If there is a failure then please send me client logs from /opt/altiris/notification/nsagent/var/aex-client.log

If task completed successfully, make sure that nse was sent to NS - check folder /opt/altiris/notification/nsagent/var/queue - if there are some files, then we still need logs to analyze the problem

Also you can check logs on server side - maybe for some reason server didn't process nse from this client. Send these logs as well

Thanks,

AndreiF

• 3.  RE: Mac OSX 10.10 Hardware Inventory does not seem to be returned in SMP 7.6 HF0
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 04, 2015 07:12 PM

Andrei,

It was simpler than that. My Inventory licenses just lapsed, so I installed new ones and everything worked!

Hope that this helps others.

QuietLeni