Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  MACOSX client 12.1.6 MP2 unable to import on SEPM 12.1.5

Posted Nov 05, 2015 09:30 AM

Hello All,

I am trying to add the latest MACOSX AV package on SEPM 12.1.5. I receive the error "you cannot add this client install package because the package contains a single.EXE file. The sylink.xml file is missing or currupted in this package."

Do I have to upgrade my SEPM to the latest version in order to add the package or is there another way to add the package? 

• 2.  RE: MACOSX client 12.1.6 MP2 unable to import on SEPM 12.1.5

Posted Nov 05, 2015 09:34 AM

You should be able to import it but upgrading would add as well.

Have you seen this article? I think it should correct the problem:

"Sylink.xml file is missing or corrupted in this package" error while importing Symantec Endpoint Protection client package for Macintosh

Otherwise, you canimport manually using the .INFO file, see here:

Manually import client packages into Endpoint Protection Manager

• 3.  RE: MACOSX client 12.1.6 MP2 unable to import on SEPM 12.1.5

Posted Nov 05, 2015 09:47 AM

Yea I have been trying to add the package following the article here: https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH122824.html but it does not allow me to and returns the error below. 

"you cannot add this client install package because the package contains a single.EXE file. The sylink.xml file is missing or currupted in this package."

There is no sylink.xml or .info file located in the package downloaded from Symantec so I am assuming I can only add these by upgrading to the latest version?

• 4.  RE: MACOSX client 12.1.6 MP2 unable to import on SEPM 12.1.5
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 05, 2015 09:48 AM

And you're trying to import the .INFO file for Mac found under the \SEPM\Packages directory?

• 5.  RE: MACOSX client 12.1.6 MP2 unable to import on SEPM 12.1.5

Posted Nov 05, 2015 10:35 AM

Yes I tried installing it from both /SEPM/Packages and from the file Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.6_MP3_All_Clients_EN containing all the packages and I was able to import the Windows clients fine just not the MACOSX client. 

For fun I re-downloaded the latest SEPM files and I was able to finally import the MAC client from the /SEPM/Packages folder, I assume the file may have been corrupt? It is all working now!

Thanks for your help!

• 6.  RE: MACOSX client 12.1.6 MP2 unable to import on SEPM 12.1.5

Posted Nov 05, 2015 10:39 AM

Very possible as I've seen that before. Glad to know you got it working though.