Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Managed Windows 7 clients on SEP 11.0.6 not updating

Posted Jun 07, 2010 02:03 PM
    All,

I am having a problem with installing SEP 11.0.6 on Windows 7 laptops.  I can install the SEP package, and I can even download the updates manually, but clients running Windows 7 will not automatically update virus defs.  With every client I get a yellow exclaimation point.  There is one desktop in the organization running Windows 7, and that machine is connecting.  If I try browsing to the folder on the SEPM server with the install package, and running from there, the laptops never check in and do not show up in the clients on the console.

I am by no means an SEPM expert, but I was able to install SEPM on the server, and all Windows XP clients are working like a charm.  The one Windows 7 desktop was originally connected to an older SEPM server that has been decomissioned, but connects flawlessly to the new SEPM server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Managed Windows 7 clients on SEP 11.0.6 not updating

Posted Jun 07, 2010 02:58 PM
    Please run LUALL.exe in run on Windows 7 and see if that updates or not?

If yes then get the sylink log from the machine
    https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/sylink-toggle

• 3.  RE: Managed Windows 7 clients on SEP 11.0.6 not updating

Posted Jun 07, 2010 04:51 PM
    I have downloaded the Sylink toggle on zip, and run the executable, but I can't seem to find the Sylink log file.  Where would the log be located?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Managed Windows 7 clients on SEP 11.0.6 not updating

Posted Jun 07, 2010 04:59 PM
    You'll need to tell it where to save.  Sytoggle only tells it to turn it on and off. Use the following document.

Title: 'How to enable Sylink Debugging for Symantec Endpoint Protection in the registry'
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2008041812561948

Thanks,
    sandra

• 5.  RE: Managed Windows 7 clients on SEP 11.0.6 not updating

Posted Jun 07, 2010 10:25 PM
      |   view attached
    snudelman,

How are you? Few things can you confirm?

1. Are you having trouble to install SEP on a Windows 7 machine or
    2. The Sep client installed on that Windows 7 machine is not communicating with your existing SEPM?

If 1 then you need to upload SEP_INST log located at  Start->Run->%temp%
    If 2 then try the attached file.
    If 2 fails then we need to check the Sylink Monior log.

Hope that hepls.

Moin

Attachment(s)

pdf
    How to get Sylink.pdf   397 KB 1 version